Carl Marks Advisors is an investment bank that provides financial and operational advisory services to companies across the middle market. We are seeking candidates to join our New York-based M&A group to help our clients seek their monetization and strategic goals.
As part of a family-owned business, we embrace an entrepreneurial mindset, encouraging team members to assume as much responsibility on each engagement as they can handle — in a working environment that offers mentorship and strong growth and learning opportunities.
As an Associate in the M&A group, you will be integral in developing our business strategy and execution. You will participate in all aspects of the transaction cycle, including preparing marketing pitches, reviewing and formulating financial models and analysis, preparing sell-side marketing materials, interacting with buyers and directing due diligence.
You will play a leadership role in implementing the execution function, including working with Analysts, VPs, Directors, Managing Directors and Partners.
This position requires strong interpersonal skills, entailing considerable exposure to our clients’ C-level executives, professional advisors, lenders, etc.. These skills should have been demonstrated in your current role, illustrating your ability to become a senior banker capable of generating and executing transactions as you grow professionally at Carl Marks.
Most importantly, the successful candidate will be highly enthusiastic about Carl Marks’ franchise and be driven and committed to its success.
- Lead day-to-day transaction execution under direction of senior investment bankers
- Lead pitch drafting, as well as transaction marketing documents
- Coordinate and perform business due diligence and execute M&A transactions
- Review and oversee development of financial models, valuation analyses, research
- Build relationships and maintain direct contact with clients, prospective clients, and professional advisors
- Support new business and marketing initiatives as appropriate
- Training and mentoring Analysts on the team
- Demonstrated aptitude for quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Exceptional communication skills and executive presence, both verbal and written
- Elevated attention to detail and consistency in work product
- High degree of maturity, integrity, demonstrated leadership skills and work ethic
- Self-starting team player who excels in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, challenging work environment
- FINRA SIE, 79, 63 licenses required at time of hiring or shortly thereafter
You would join the group as an Associate in the M&A group working as a generalist. You should expect to be involved real-time in 4-6 transactions simultaneously that may involve travel.
We offer attractive and competitive compensation and benefits.