Carl Marks Advisors is an investment bank that provides financial and operational advisory services to companies across the middle market. We are seeking candidates to join our New York-based firm as members of a team solving our clients’ toughest challenges.
As part of a family-owned business, we embrace an entrepreneurial mindset, encouraging team members to assume as much responsibility on each engagement as they can handle—in a working environment that offers mentorship and strong growth and learning opportunities.
Carl Marks Advisors specializes in solving complex problems and our experienced professionals have a sophisticated blend of industry, operational, and transactional expertise. We are looking for candidates who can immediately play a hands-on role in helping senior staff create solutions for such challenges as:
- Turnaround or Restructuring projects
- Strategic Assessments
- Interim Management
- Capital Raises
- Healthy & Distressed M&A
This person will work closely with senior professionals and have active participation in all aspects of engagements from start to closing. As an integral member of our client services team, he/she needs to have experience executing all essential functions of transactions, including financial statement and valuation analysis, complex financial modeling, 13-week cash flow projections, company and industry research, and due diligence.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Drafting reports, memoranda & presentations through skilled use of MS Office (EXCEL, Power Point, Word)
- Developing and preparing pitch books and marketing materials
- Efficiently creating quality work product in support of senior staff
- Managing prospect outreach, diligence requests, negotiation of definitive agreements
- Interacting with client management, investors, attorneys and other stakeholders
- Maintaining records, files and data related to engagement activities
- Strong analytical, accounting and financial modeling skills
- Ability to construct cash flow models with proficiency to manipulate/distill large amounts of data
- Solid understanding of key financial analyses (ratios, bridges, sensitivity analyses, etc.)
- Adept forecasting capabilities, including integrated model (IS/BS/SCF/Debt)
- Strong organizational skills
- Proven skills in Excel, PowerPoint, & Word
- Ability to travel as needed
- Ability to communicate concepts and ideas concisely and clearly, both written and spoken
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Capable of working under deadlines, prioritizing and multi-tasking
- Outstanding integrity and judgment
- Self-starter with a strong work ethic
- BA or BS in Accounting or Finance
- 1-4 years of experience providing financial, operations, and/or investment banking services a plus
- CPA, CFA, and/or FINRA Series certifications a plus
We offer attractive and competitive compensation and benefits.